“Working with families and children that are struggling with mental health and developmental challenges is my passion. As a parent I know how hard it can be when your children struggle, and how amazing it is to watch your children flourish. I hope that I can help you.”
To help families cope with the stresses that come with everyday life. To help families deal with the stresses that accompany challenges such as ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorder, bullying, social media and video game addiction, anxiety, and depression. To help children and young adults find their inner strength and ways to thrive.
- Membership with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
- Membership with the OACCP (Ontario Association of Consultants, Counsellors, Psychometrists and Psychotherapists)
- Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology (MACP)
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Certificate in Mindfulness to Support Mindful Families and Resilient Children
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Depression and Suicide Prevention
- 16+ years of coaching and developing programs that prioritized the inclusion of children with mental and physical challenges
How am I Different?
The most important part of therapeutic success is the bond between the client and therapist – this is known as the therapeutic alliance. All psychotherapists share the desire to help others and have been trained to work with their clients. When working with me, here are some additional ways that I may be able to help.
- A home visit is something that I often provide to my clients at no additional cost. This helps ensure that the recommendations I make that impact the home have a greater chance of success.
- I always remember that you are the expert about your family.
- I maintain an extensive network of contacts with other healthcare professionals so that many of your healthcare needs can be met.
- Each session is tailored to the needs of the client. “One size” does not fit all.
- Overall health is a combination of your physical/biological, mental, and social health. My Biopsychosocial approach to therapy takes into account all aspects of your health – biological/medical, psychological and social.
- All prospective clients receive a no-charge 30 minute in person consultation. This helps you feel more comfortable working with me before having to pay. Consultations can be done on their own or combined with an initial session.